Import Export Code
All businesses which are engaged in Import and Export of goods require to register Import Export Code . IEC is 10 digit code with a permanent validity. IEC is issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Government of India. Importers are not allowed to proceed without this code and exporters can’t take benefit of exports from DGFT, customs, Export Promotion Council, if they don’t have this code. IMPORT EXPORT CODE is done through Corporate Creators LLP.
DOCUMENTS FOR IMPORT EXPORT CODE & ITS FEATURES
Documents in respect of Individual/ Proprietor/ Partner/ Director
- Copy of PAN Card
- Passport size photograph
- Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card
- Authorization letter (In case of Partnership)
- Authority from other Directors on letter head (In case of company)
- Copy of Partnership deed (In case of Partnership)
- Board Resolution/self declaration (In case of Company)
- Telephone Bill in the name of the Individual (In case of individual)
Documents in respect of Entity
- Copy of PAN Card firm/company
- Copy of Property papers (If owned property)
- Copy of Rent agreement (If rented property)
- Landlord NOC (Format will be provided by us)
- Cancelled cheque of firm
- Electricity/ water bill (Business Place)
- Telephone Bill in the name of the business
- Copy of Service Tax returns (In case of Proprietorship)
- Certificate of incorporation (In case of company)
- Bank statement of firm/company
- AOA and MOA (In case of company)
- 1 letter head of company (In case of company)
FEATURES OF IMPORT EXPORT CODE
- All importers who import goods are required to register Import export code and all exporters need this code to obtain the benefits of exports.
- IEC code holder does not require filing of any returns.
- IEC Code is issued for lifetime and requires no renewal
- Even individuals who are proprietors can obtain the code in their name.It is not necessary to setup a business for the same.